Spring Canyon Wind Project (60 MW)
Location: Logan County, Colorado
The Spring Canyon Wind Project involved the installation of 40 GE 1.5 MW turbines located along a plateau in Logan County near Peetz, Colorado. The wind facility has the capacity to generate up to 60 MWs of electricity, which is currently being provided to the Denver metro area.
DEA provided land surveying and permitting services for the development. Tasks included:
- ALTA/ACSM land title surveys on 28 parcels. The surveys covered 22 sections in 4 townships.
- Design surveys for the project’s substation
- Conditional Use Permits and other Logan County road cut and road crossing permits.
- Maps and exhibit preparation for public and county meetings.
- Construction staking for the final turbine array, the turbine string roads, and the buried collector lines.
- As-built surveying — Allowing the client to establish accurate pay amounts for the turbine string roads and collector lines.